First, A & U Magazine published a story I wrote. Click here to read it. The magazine print version is also available where people sell magazines and shiny paper-things.
Second, I wrote a book called Mind the Gap. It’ll be released 6/6/2016 (that’s next Monday ). It’ll be available electronically & in print. Click here to check out the page.
Another book I wrote, a novel called Drunk in the Warm Glow, is forthcoming this fall from Creators Publishing. It has words in it. Thousands.
Third, Lion King on Broadway. Amazing. See it. Pay whatever they ask. Sell your pets and friend(s) and children. Or don’t. Whatever. It’s your life.
Fourth, details. A lot of shitty shit happens like . . . always. Right now, bad things are happening. But good things happen, too. It’s true–I looked it up on the internet. The politicians, news, online people–they tend to eat up the bad. However, good stuff does happens. Like when a family of ducks crosses highway 45, and both sides of traffic stop, as if a school bus were picking up a child. These are awesome little things.
Think of an awesome little things (as many as you want), and post it below.
Here are mine:
- Ladyfriend and I rode bikes to a grocery store to buy dead plants (aka veggies). On the way, the smell of freshly-cut grass was everywhere. It even covered the smell of eyeless, rotting sheephead near the water.
- Put on a new white t-shirt. Amazing. No tags, either. And! it smells like happy, even though it probably wasn’t made in a happy situation.
- On my bike, I was being awesome (naturally) and I bunny-hopped a curb, and then tried cutting a corner, and I leaned too far. My pedal scraped against the cement. A chunk flew off, but I corrected myself and pedaled on. (I probably did a backflip in there, too.) Didn’t fall or anything. In fact, I probably looked badass. Hopefully someone got that on their camcorder or cell phone or whatever people use. My point: I screwed up and almost threw my face at the cement. Instead: pure awesomeness. (I want to type awesimity, but it doesn’t look right, and it isn’t a word.)
- My house was hot. My friend texted me: “Wanna swim?” I nodded and drove to his house on the lake. The lake water was cool and filled with my friends and boats and poles stuck in the water with bottles atop them. Dead fish were washed up on the shore, but the smell of freshly-cut grass covered that smell and the stank of Lake Winneseptic.
- OH! I’ll be out of the country here and there this summer. Found out my new carrier–Ting–has a simple, flat-rate system for overseas calls, data, & messaging. In otherwords, they simplified my life by being open and straightforward. Awesome. Small. And a thing.
What are a few of yours?